Brochures, Publications, Reports and Digital Libraries
Lower Colorado Region Archived Reports
- Describes Hoover Dam and its impacts on the growth and development of the Southwest.
- Offers an overview of Davis Dam and Powerplant that provides power, flood control, and recreation and wildlife habitat.
- An overview of Parker Dam, a structure that provides storage for water pumped into the Central Arizona Project and Colorado River Aqueduct as well as power and fish and wildlife and recreational habitat.
Hoover Dam/Colorado River Facts
- Frequently asked questions and answers on Hoover Dam and its impact on the Colorado River.
Hoover Dam Sculptures (PDF, 2.8 MB)
- Information on the Art Deco features of Hoover Dam, told in the sculptor's own words.
Endangered Razorback Sucker Program
- Describes multi-agency efforts to revive dwindling razorback sucker populations in the lower Colorado River.
Brochures to Order
from the Bureau of Reclamation by e-mailing your name and address to email@example.com.
Yuma Desalting Plant: Technology in Action
- An overview of the facility's mission and operations to help meet water quality requirements for Colorado River water flows to Mexico.
Central Arizona Project: The Physical System
- Describes the history, development and facilities of the Central Arizona Project, a 336-mile long aqueduct that brings Colorado River water to farms and cities in central and southern Arizona.
Bureau of Reclamation Recreation Areas
- A map of over 300 recreation areas on Reclamation project lands in the 17 Western states and the recreational opportunities available at each.
and the Colorado River
Archive.org - Contains most archived copies of "Reclamation Record" and "Reclamation Era", monthly publications produced by the Bureau of Reclamation between 1921 and 1968, and a variety of other Reclamation-produced media.
Colorado Plateau Digital Archives - Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff
Colorado River/Central Arizona Project Collection - Arizona State University, Tempe
Digital Collections - University of Arizona, Tucson
Hoover Dam - Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum
Hoover Dam - University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Hoover Dam: Lonely Lands Made Fruitful - University of Virginia American Studies Program
Informedia/Open Video Project (video clips) - Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh
Las Vegas and Water in the West - University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Mountain West Digital Library - University of Utah, Salt Lake City
Water Resources Archive - Colorado State University Libraries
Water Resources Center Archive - University of California, Riverside
Western Waters Digital Library - Greater Western Library Alliance