Lower Colorado Region Power Office
The Power Office administers a variety of programs and operations related to the generation and management of Reclamation's power resources throughout the Southwest, including those at Hoover, Davis and Parker dams on the lower Colorado River. The office responsibilities include:
- Regulatory compliance, independent assurance and support for the operations and maintenance of Regional power facilities including:
- Navajo Generating Station special projects management.
- Power generation/transmission, rate setting, and communications contract development, negotiation, administration and monitoring.
- Management of public and private renewable energy initiatives including administering the Lease of Power Privilege (LOPP) program.
- Miscellaneous power and energy-related technical support services.
- Ensure Regional power activities meet all legal and contractual requirements in an efficient, transparent and collaborative manner.
North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) and Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC) compliance;
developing and tracking Facility Reliability Ratings (FRR); and
conducting Power Operations and Maintenance (PO&M) Reviews.