Lower Colorado Region
Environmental Compliance Requests
Individuals or agencies in Arizona, southern Nevada, and southern California who need assistance to comply with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Endangered Species Act (ESA), Clean Water Act (CWA), National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Clean Air Act (CAA), Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA), and/or the Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA), can contact:
Contacts should be made for a discussion on approach or strategy or to schedule a meeting with a proponent. To begin scoping and review of an actual project or activity, please be prepared to provide the following information:
Bureau of Reclamation, Lower Colorado Region
PO Box 61470
Boulder City, Nevada 89006
phone: 702-293-8132 or e-mail: email@example.com
1. Requesting office and contact with email address and phone number.
2. Project Work breakdown Structure (if applicable).
3. Project Name or Title and Proponent Name.
4. Project Purpose (Describe the need and reason or purpose for the project).
5. Project Location including a legal description with Section, Township, Range, State, County
and City where the activity or project will take place.
6. US Geological Survey topographic map(s), other land status map(s), engineering drawing(s)/plat map(s),
vicinity, plan view, and elevation depictions that are necessary to establish the area and scope
of the direct, indirect, and cumulative impacts of the activity or project.
7. Nature of Activity (Note: the description of project should include all features and other
details that will aid in determining the extent of the impacts of the activity or project, such as,
but not limited to:
a.) total acres of new surface disturbance anticipated,
b.) the duration of
the project to be authorized,
c.) time of year project will be implemented,
d.) types and
number of equipment to be used, and
e.) future operations and maintenance activities.
8. Schedule for approval and/or date needed.
9. Is a contract through Reclamation being prepared for this project/work?
10. Other Reclamation offices involved and/or other federal/state agencies involved.
11. If known, what NEPA/California Environmental Quality Act/CERCLA/RCRA/Department of Transportation documents, biological assessments,
biological opinions, cultural reports have already been prepared for this action (e.g.
programmatic EA or EIS, biological opinion, etc.) or similar actions in the area?
12. If known, what other Federal (e.g. 401, 404, etc.), state, county, municipality permits are
required or have been prepared for the project or activity?
For Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) Dial: 711
Updated: May 2014