Visiting Hoover Dam
NEW: The Hoover Dam Multi-Use Green Building
Spillway House is presently under construction
near the Nevada Spillway.
Please take care when walking near the worksite.
- Hoover Dam Tours - The information that you need to plan your
trip. Here is where you will find a description of the tour, admission fees,
directions and more.
- Tickets for Hoover Dam Tours - This link will open a new window that takes you to our partner site with Denison Parking where you can purchase tickets on-line in advance of your visit. (Note: You can also purchase tickets at Hoover Dam.)
- Crossing Hoover
Dam: A Traveler's Guide - Not all vehicles are allowed
to cross the dam. Review this document to avoid being turned back.
(Adobe Acrobat file - 45 KB)
- Travel Conditions Around Hoover Dam:
Directions to Hoover Dam
Hoover Dam Bridge - Federal Highway Administration site
U.S. 93 Construction in Nevada - NV Dept of Transportation site
U.S. 93 Construction in Arizona - AZ Dept of Transportation site
- Learning Packet and School Group Information - Download our Learning Packet for use in the classroom. Also, learn about scheduling a school group trip to Hoover Dam.
- Hoover Dam Police Department - Providing law enforcement and security services for the dam and its surrounding security zone. The Department's web pages provide a number of helpful fact sheets on crossing the dam, traveler and visitor safety, lost and found, and other services.
- Land Use and Trail Event Permits - Permits and procedures required for public events on or around Hoover Dam on lands or waters managed by the Bureau of Reclamation.
- Paddle Craft and Rafting Permits - Info about permits and procedures to launch a canoe, kayak or personal raft at the site just below Hoover Dam.
- Filming at Hoover Dam - Details about permits needed for commercial filming and photography at the site.
- Hoover Dam Historical Collection - A collection of museum items, historic photographs, and news clippings related to Hoover Dam.
- Frequently Asked Questions - Answers
to the most asked questions regarding the construction and operations of the dam.
- The Story of Hoover Dam -
A series of articles that explain the history and some of the
technical aspects of the dam. These articles offer a more in-depth explanation
than the FAQ statements.
- Photograph Gallery - Historic and modern photographs of the dam.
- Hoover Dam 75th Anniversary - Photographs, a video, and media coverage of the September 30, 2010 event at the dam.
- Job Opportunities - Learn how you can be a part of the team that operates, maintains and secures this American icon.
Last Reviewed: February 2013