How to Apply
Bureau of Reclamation Application Guidelines
Reclamation's automated hiring system is called the HireMe system. The HireMe system will allow the applicant to apply online faster and easier application process.
For more information regarding the automated hiring system and jobs that are open for online application, please select: http://www.usbr.gov/hr/hireme.html
Who May Apply:
Unless otherwise stated on the vacancy announcement, applications will be accepted from:
1. Status applicants (current or former Federal employees with Career or Career-Conditional status).
2. Others eligible for noncompetitive appointment to the competitive service under the following special employment programs: 30 percent or more compensable disabled veterans, Veterans' Readjustment Appointment, Severely Disabled, and Peace Corps/VISTA (Individuals applying under these programs must submit appropriate documentation of eligibility—DD-214, Standard Form 15 for 10-Point Veterans, Vocational Rehabilitation/Medical Documentation, etc.).
3. If the announcement states "AREA OF CONSIDERATION: ALL QUALIFIED PERSONS", all qualified United States citizens may apply for the job.
How to Apply:
(If the job vacancy is not available for online application via the HireMe system.)
1. OF-306, Declaration of Federal Employment, will be required from an applicant prior to final appointment; therefore, you may submit the form with the application package. Each of these forms is available from any Federal personnel office or may be requested from the office issuing the announcement.
You must submit sufficient information regarding previous work experience to evaluate against the qualifications standards included in the vacancy announcement and/or outlined in the Office of Personnel Management's "Qualifications Standards Operating Handbook." Supervisory appraisal; narrative assessment of qualifications in terms of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics identified; special questionnaires etc., included as a part of the vacancy announcement should also be submitted.
2. Form DI-1935, "Applicant Background Survey", is attached to these guidelines: submission of this form is optional.
3. Status applicants must submit the latest SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action) which verifies competitive status.
4. Mail your application and additional information to the ADDRESS OF PERSONNEL OFFICE shown on the first page of the announcement.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT. REQUESTS FOR EXTENSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
OTHER INFORMATION: It is against the law to use Government franked envelopes or any other Government mail system (internal or FAX) to submit applications (18 USC 1719).
FORMS (These forms are in Adobe.pdf format, you will need Acrobat Reader.) You can only print forms from this Web site, you must save to your directory to write on them.