Water Conservation Field Services Program
Reclamation in the Great Plains Region looks for opportunities to collect and share information with Reclamation water users and the general public concerning efficient water use.
Opportunities to share information can present themselves as:
- Field tours provide an opportunity for Reclamation district staff to interact and share success stories for new, innovative, or effective ways to better manage their water supplys, delivery systems, and to be good stewards for their watersheds.
- Workshops and water management seminars. Reclamation sponsors an annual water management and canal automation workshops which provide broad training on more efficient management of water districts.
- Educational services for general and specific activities.
- Partnerships with governmental, state, and local educational organizations. Reclamation may develop a partnership with other entities to prepare publications orientedtowards informing the public on conflicting water use issues in a watershed, or developing specific water management educational programs targeted towards Reclamation's water users.
- Participating in water fairs and other children's education activities. Many of the states within the Great Plains Region have annual fairs and festivals for the general public. Reclamation participates on a regular basis at these activities.
Last Updated: March 12, 2013