- Oklahoma and Texas Flood Information – There are 11 Reclamation dams in the area most impacted by heavy rainfall and flooding. The links provide the most up-to-date information regarding the status of Bureau of Reclamation facilities in Oklahoma and Texas.
- The Great Plains Regional Projects Statement of Construction Cost and Repayment (SPCCR) presenting the relationship between project cost and repayment are available. Please contact Finance Officer, Pam Rohde, at 406-247-7675 or firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy of the specific project SPCCR.
- Reclamation Announces Release of Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for Northwest Area Water Supply Project (NAWS)
- Flows change for the C-BT
- WINDY GAP FIRMING PROJECT: Great Plains Regional Director Michael J. Ryan signs Record of Decision, contract and associated documents, for Windy Gap Firming Project, southwest of Loveland, Colo.
- Reclamation Awards $6.9 Million Contract for Goose Bay Modernization
- Canyon Ferry Group Use & Limited Campsite Reservation System
- Power Levels: At a glance status of power plant generation.
Interior Releases Report Highlighting Impacts of Climate Change to Western Water Resources - News Release, Report
Great Plains is the largest and most ecologically diverse region in the Bureau of Reclamation, encompassing all or parts of nine western states and extending from the Canadian border to the southern tip of Texas.
The Great Plains Region has:
- Six area offices managing operations in multiple river basins;
- More than 150 major water storage and delivery structures;
- Seventy-nine lakes and reservoirs, hosting more than 14 million recreation visits annually;
- More than 1,000 water contracts annually, irrigating over two million acres of farmland and meeting the daily needs of over two million people;
- Twenty hydroelectric power plants that generate over three billion kilowatt hours of electricity each year - enough to meet the power needs of about a quarter million homes.
|Water Safety Information||United
Lakes & Reservoirs: Daily water data, boat ramps & more.
Select state using map or menu:
Projects & Facilities: Dams, power plants, histories, specs & more.
Snowpack & Reservoir Levels: At a glance live status updates.
Power Levels: At a glance status of powerplant generation.
Last Updated: May 27, 2015