GP's Vision Statement:
The vision of the Great Plains Region is to be a Region where employees want to belong and customers want to do business.
Reclamation's Mission Statement:
The mission of the Bureau of Reclamation is to manage, develop, and protect water and related resources in an environmentally and economically sound manner in the interest of the American public.
Reclamation's Vision Statement:
Through leadership, use of technical expertise, efficient operations, responsive customer service and the creativity of people, Reclamation will seek to protect local economies and preserve natural resources and ecosystems through the effective use of water.
The Commissioner's plan for how Reclamation will attain its vision:
- Directing our leadership and technical expertise in water resources development and in the efficient use of water through initiatives including conservation, reuse, and research.
- Protecting the public and the environment through the adequate maintenance and appropriate operation of Reclamation's facilities.
- Managing Reclamation's facilities to fulfill water user contracts and protect and/or enhance conditions for fish, wildlife, land, and cultural resources.
- Working with Reclamation's customers and stakeholders to achieve mutual objectives.
- Assisting the Secretary in fulfilling Indian Trust responsibilities.
- Implementing innovative, sound business practices with timely and cost-effective, measurable results.
- Promoting a culturally diverse workforce which encourages excellence, creativity, and achievement.
Understanding and striving to attain our vision are critical to effectively implement the Government Performance and Results Act. GPRA was enacted in 1993 to improve public confidence in Federal agency performance by holding agencies accountable for achieving program results; and to improve congressional decision making by clarifying and stating program performance goals, measures, and costs "up front."
Basic GPRA requirements include:
- 6-year Strategic Plan
- Annual Performance Plans
- Annual Performance Report
Last Updated: February 15, 2013