Great Plains Regional Organization:
The Great Plains Region encompasses all or parts of nine states including Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas <contact information>.
The Great Plains Region has its roots in three former Reclamation regions: the Upper Missouri Region in Billings, Montana; the Lower Missouri Region in Denver, Colorado; and the Southwest Region in Amarillo, Texas.
In October 1985 the Upper and Lower Missouri regions were merged into the Missouri Basin Region with headquarters in Billings. In 1988 much of the Southwest Region was joined into the Missouri Basin Region and the region's name was changed to Great Plains Region. Geographically, it became the largest of the Reclamation regions.
The Regional Director in Billings is assisted in managing the region by two Deputy Regional Directors and six Area Managers. This group, along with the heads of Engineering and Infrastructure, Business Resources and Resource Services in the Regional Office, comprises the Regional Leadership Board which makes policy and budget decisions and sets the vision and goals for the region.
Great Plains Regional Office Contact Information
2021 4th Avenue North
Billings, MT 59101
P.O. Box 36900
Billings, MT 59107-6900
Search Reclamation's Phonebook Online (results open in separate window):
- Automated Phone Directory for GP Regional Office & Montana Area Office (406-247-7614)
- Office of Public Affairs (general info) (406-247-7610)
- Office of the Regional Director (406-247-7600)
- Special Assistant for Native American Affairs (406-247-7710)
- Business Resources (406-247-7821)
- Information Technology (406-247-7848)
- Infrastructure & Engineering (406-247-7655)
- Resource Services (406-247-7707)
- Human Resources (406-247-7728)
Area Office Contact Information:
- Dakotas Area Office (701-250-4242)
- Eastern Colorado Area Office (970-667-4410)
- Montana Area Office (406-247-7300)
- Nebraska-Kansas Area Office (308) 345-4400
- Oklahoma-Texas Area Office (512-899-4150)
- Oklahoma City Field Office (405-470-4800)
- Wyoming Area Office (307-261-5671)
Last Updated: October 6, 2014