- Reclamation Announces Temporary Road Closure – The road maintained by the Bureau of Reclamation known as “Seminoe Road” between the Miracle Mile Bridge and Carbon County Rd 351 near the entrance to Seminoe State Park remains closed to public travel while re-construction efforts continue. The Miracle Mile is still accessible via the Hanna Leo Draw Road (Carbon County Road 291). (View photos of the current road conditions)
- Reclamation Announces Release of Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for Northwest Area Water Supply Project (NAWS)
- Public Notice – Pelican Point Road Improvement Project
- Draft Supplement to the 2010 Final EA for Lower Yellowstone Project Now Available
- Reclamation Releases Record of Decision on Arkansas Valley Conduit
- Canyon Ferry Group Use & Limited Campsite Reservation System
- Power Levels: At a glance status of power plant generation.
Interior Releases Report Highlighting Impacts of Climate Change to Western Water Resources - News Release, Report
Great Plains is the largest and most ecologically diverse region in the Bureau of Reclamation, encompassing all or parts of nine western states and extending from the Canadian border to the southern tip of Texas.
The Great Plains Region has:
- Six area offices managing operations in multiple river basins;
- More than 150 major water storage and delivery structures;
- Seventy-nine lakes and reservoirs, hosting more than 14 million recreation visits annually;
- More than 1,000 water contracts annually, irrigating over two million acres of farmland and meeting the daily needs of over two million people;
- Twenty hydroelectric power plants that generate over three billion kilowatt hours of electricity each year - enough to meet the power needs of about a quarter million homes.
|Water Safety Information||United
Lakes & Reservoirs: Daily water data, boat ramps & more.
Select state using map or menu:
Projects & Facilities: Dams, power plants, histories, specs & more.
Snowpack & Reservoir Levels: At a glance live status updates.
Power Levels: At a glance status of powerplant generation.
Last Updated: August 18, 2014