Financial Business Management System
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions about FBMS that are not answered in this FAQ, please submit them via email.Questions will be answered individually, if possible. General interest questions may be added to our FAQ.
- What is FBMS?
- Why is the Interior investing in FBMS?
- What benefits will FBMS provide?
- What will change for me?
- What Reclamation departments will be affected?
- How can I learn more?
FBMS is an Enterprise Resource Planning system, which is based on SAP technology. SAP software is currently used by many major corporations in more than 50 countries for financial processing and management. It will replace approximately 80 legacy business systems across Interior, some of which are more than 20 years old.
Interior aims to focus on modernization, integration, and accountability. By transferring to a system that works across all of Interior's bureaus, reduces costs, and increases transparency, Reclamation can ensure it is continuing to provide the greatest value to its customers and stakeholders.
- Standardized and integrated business processes
- Improved security and internal controls
- Better cost information
- Improved tracking and auditing capabilities
- Reduction of double entry of data in multiple systems and manual paper processing
- Improved department-wide and bureau-specific reporting capabilities
- Increased data integrity
- Replacement of unsupported legacy systems and longer system lifecycles
- Single System
While the content will remain the same, the main change you can expect will be the look of some of the reports. As FBMS is rolled out, Reclamation personnel will work with customers and stakeholders to be sure their reporting needs are being met.
- Core Financial
- Financial Assistance
Reclamation officially began project preparation in March 2012 (but has been working on pre-planning activities since May 2011). As Reclamation moves through the project phases, and as information relevant to customers and stakeholders becomes available, more information will be posted here.