On May 14, 2008, the Bureau of Reclamation held a special meeting with transferred works operating entities and key Reclamation staff primarily to discuss issues related to the operation, maintenance, and safety of canals located in urbanized areas. The meeting also briefly addressed issues related to asset management and aging infrastructure. It additional afforded the opportunity for meeting attendees to tour Reclamation research laboratories and better understand Reclamation's capabilities, accomplishments, partnerships, and ongoing activities in this area.
Reclamation has captured the discussion that occured at the Canal/Asset Management Meeting.
Read Meeting Summary (PDF)
- Truckee Canal Incident Perspectives - Ernie Schank (23 MB PDF)
- Stormwater Runoff and Discharge - Norm Semanko (6 MB PDF)
- Urbanized Canals, Salt River Project - Paul Cherrington (6 MB PDF)
- Assessment of canals through urbanized areas - Karl Wirkus (100 KB PDF)
- Review of V and S Canals, Newlands Project - MP Region (1 MB PDF)
- Strawberry Highline Canal - UC Region (3 MB PDF)
- New York Canal - PN Region (4MB PDF)
- Asset Management and Aging Infrastructure - Ken Maxey (200 KB PDF)
- Folsom Dam Modifications - Mike Finnegan & Dr. Christine Altendorf (900 KB PDF)
- Technical Service Center and Lab Overview - Mike Gabaldon (3.5 MB PDF)
Last Updated: June 16, 2008